|8 tbsp||honey, agave, or maple syrup (can use less if you prefer|
- Place the almonds in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add raisins and blend until well blended.
- Pat crust down into a pie plate.
- Place cashews, honey, vanilla, lemon and water in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove this mixture from blender and stir in the blueberries.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
Note: The filling can be made in the food processor but will be creamier if you use a Vita-Mix or a strong blender. Soaking the cashews for a few hour will help to make this creamier if you are using a food processor.
RAW WALNUT AND DATE TORTE
|2-4 Tbs||Lemon Juice|
|1 cup||Soaked Dates- Medjool are the best (soaked 4-8 hours)|
|1 tsp||Pure Vanilla Extract|
|Â¼ cup||Unsweetened coconut flakes (otional)|
- Cake: Blend walnuts, raisins and vanilla in food process until it forms a ball. Shape into a cake on a plate.
- Icing: Blend lemon juice and soaked dates in food processor until smooth. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
VANILLA ALMOND MACAROONS
|1 3/4 cups||dried coconut|
|3/4 cup||ground almonds|
|3/4 cup + 2 tbsp||almond or cashew flour|
|3/4 cup||maple syrup|
|1/3 cup||coconut oil|
|1 1/4 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp||almond extract|
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place small scoops onto Teflex sheets and press down. Dehydrate 1 day. Transfer to dehydrator screens and dehydrate 1 more day. YIELD 22-24
Note: can also bake at 350 C for 10-15 minutes if you do not have a dehydrator.
RAW CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH RASPBERRY GANASHE FILLING
|3 cups||walnuts (or almonds)|
|2/3 cups||cacao powder (raw is better)|
|1 cup||pitted medjool dates|
|1/3 cup||pitted medjool dates (soaked at least 2 hours)|
|1/2 cup||ripe avocado|
|1/3 cup||cacao powder (raw is better)|
- Combine walnuts, cocoa, and salt in food processor until coarsely mixed
- Add dates, and process until it starts to form a ball
- Shape into 2 round cakes
- Combine dates, agave in food processor and blend until smooth
- Add avocado and cocoa powder and blend until well mixed
- Spread bottom layer of cake with frosting and top with raspberries
- Stack second layer on top and spread frosting on top and on sides
Original recipe by Alissa Cohen
RAW CHOCOLATE MINT BALLS
|1 cup||raw cashews|
|1 cup||thompson raisins|
|3/4 cup||raw cacao powder|
|4-12 drops||pure essential oil of peppermint|
- Place cashews, raisins, cacao, and peppermint essential oil into food processor and blend until roughly ground.
- Taste to see if you need to add more essential oil drops.
- Continue blending until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- Be carefull not to over blend because the oil from the cashews will start to separate.
- Form into bite size balls and keep in the fridge or freezer.